Last month we have discussed about preparing for a car wash. We will continue the discussion in #VehicleMaintenance segment by elaborating on good car washing procedures.
Washing the Exterior of a Vehicle
1. Set everything you will need near the vehicle. This includes cleaning material: the car wash detergent that you will use for cleaning, a large supply of water depending on the size of the vehicle, bucket(s), wash mitts, sponge, a scrubbing brush, a hose, and microfiber cloths or towels to dry your car.
2. Hose off the car to loosen and soften the dirt, aiming the jet of water downwards on all surfaces.
3. Wash the wheels first. Wheels of your car are often the dirtiest part, so it is a good idea to wash them first, so that dirt rinsed off of the wheels.
4. Wash your car using a large wash mitt, section by section, starting from the top. Scrub off birds dropping and bugs which can damage the paint. Keep the wash mitts clean by rinsing the dirt out frequently to avoid any sand lodged on the mitt scratching your paint job.
5. Rinse each section after you have washed from top to down.
6. Dry the vehicle surface with fresh towels; fully wipe down all surfaces to prevent rust from building up. Microfiber towels work the best for drying all car surfaces.
Cleaning the Interior of the Vehicle
1. Clean the windshield, side windows, rear window and sunroof by using a microfibre towel. Use a circular motion to clean the inside of each window.
2. Clean the dashboard area, steering wheel and center console using a moisten rag with some household cleaner. Work from the cleanest areas to the dirtiest, leaving the grunge for last.
⚠ If you’re using any polish for the interior, avoid the steering wheel and gear as the solution will prevent grips and will endanger your driving ⚠
3. Vacuum the interior side starting from the ceiling of the car and then gradually work down to the floor. Appropriate nozzles should be used for the various surfaces of the vehicle. Remember to move the front seats for access to tough-reaching areas.
Yeay, we’re done with car washing!
Oopps, don’t forget to install back your child’s safety seat!